The Wall Street Journal reports that Kevin Warsh met with Vice President Pence the same day Donald Trump interviewed Janet Yellen about the positionIf you aren’t completely over this ****in’ saga already (you can probably guess how I am feeling about the whole ***in’ thing 😀 ) here is more:
- WSJ cite «according to a White House aide»
- Pence has been part of a small group of senior White House officials who have been vetting candidates
- Warsh is a former Morgan Stanley executive who served on the Fed board from 2006 to 2011
- He and Mr. Taylor are favorites among some Republicans in Congress
- Advocates say Mr. Warsh would tolerate the faster economic growth Mr. Trump has promised to achieve through tax cuts and looser regulation without raising rates too quickly, though as a Fed governor after the financial crisis he argued against easy-money policies that were meant support growth.
Link for even MOAR (its the Journal, so may be gated): Warsh Met With Vice President Pence About Top Fed Job Last Week
A pic of Pence (and the big guy!) instead of a pic of Warsh.