BOC and DOE energy data later this morningThe US durable goods orders will be released at 8:30 AM ET/1230 GMT
- Durable goods 1.0% estimate. Last 2.0%
- Ex Trans 0.5% est. vs. 0.5% last month
- Cap goods orders nondef. ex air +0.3% vs +1.1% last month
- Cap goods ship nondef ex air +0.1% vs +1.1% last month.
Later at 10 AM ET/1400 GMT, the BOC will issue statement. Later at 11:15 AM ET/1515 GMT BOC Poloz and Wilkens will hold a press conference.
At 10:30 AM ET/1430 GMT the DOE data will be released for the current week. Last night the private data for inventories showed:
The estimates for the DOE data estimates show:
- Crude oil -3000K
- Gasoline +1700K
- Distillates 0K
- Refinery utilization 1.25%
The data last night will likely adjust the whisper numbers for that data around….Should be a wild ride.