Comments coming out after US decision 27 Sept
- Boeing’s position in this case is unjustified
- UK will continue to work closely with Canadian govt and to defend UK interests
- UK business ministry encourages all parties in Boeing-Bombardier dispute to reach a credible resolution
UK PM May says:
- bitterly disappointed by initial US ruling
- UK will continue to work with Bombardier to protect vital jobs for Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland’s Donaldson ( DUP Party):
- we will do everything we can to keep Bombardier factory open in Belfast
- I am sure PM May will talk to Donald Trump about Bombardier-Boeing dispute again
An interim tariff of 220% has been proposed on the import of Bombardier’s C-Series jet to the US.Boeing had complained Bombardier got unfair state subsidies from the UK and Canada, helping it win a major order.
Bombardier, which is one of Northern Ireland’s largest employers (4000), said it would fight the «absurd» ruling.
BBC has more on the hot potato here