UK BBA August mortgage data just out 26 Sept
- 41,644 prev revised up from 41,587
- re-mortgaging 27,768 vs 26,413 prev
- net mortgage lending £1.792bln vs 1.520bln prev
- net credit card lending £0.083bln vs 0.192bln prev
- net lending to non-financial companies £4.763bln vs -0.481bln prev
- consumer credit +1.5% yy vs +1.9% prev, slowest growth since April
The British Bankers’ Association (BBA) Mortgage Approvals measures the number of new mortgages approved by BBA-backed banks during the previous month. It includes more than half of the total U.K. mortgage market.
A slow down in consumer credit welcome but rise in re-mortgaging not so healthy.
GBPUSD 1.3480 finding a little support from the suppressed EURGBP.