Russian foreign ministry out with a statement a short while ago 27 Sept
- Moscow is unhappy about US compliance with open skies treaty
- US accusations are not new
- urges US to resume complying with intermediate-range nuclear forces treaty
- Russia did not violate intermediate-range nuclear forces treaty, does not intend to leave agreement
- Moscow has not recd any convincing explanations from US about situation in Syria’s Deir-Al-Zor
The open skies treaty allows both countries to conduct military observation flights over each other’s territory.
The US has accused Russia of flouting the treaty and said it plans to take retaliatory measures against Moscow which could mean restricting military observation flights over US territory.
Oh dear, things seem to be getting more and more fraught out there eh ?