PM Rajoy currently addressing parliament 27 Oct
- situation is exceptional
- referendum in Catalonia was illegal
- Catalan govt’s illegal actions hurt economy
- ntg substantial happened since govt approved 155
Rajoy is widely expected to get the approval of opposition parties on this to push it through.
Also just out:
- Catalans propose elections instead of declaring independence
- Catalans want Madrid to suspend 155, help free jailed activists
- Catalans said to send emissary to Madrid to plead for a deal
- ready to pull back if they get concessions from Madrid
Stand by today for further headlines on this.
IBEX down to session lows and -0.5% as the drama plays out.