I seem to have donbe little else but post on New Zealand (and German) election outcomesNZD has been a big move on the session, retracting much of tis early ‘gap’ and subsequently dropping to fresh lows. Those have just extended:
NZD has dropped even further against many of its crosses — GBP/NZD and AUD/NZD notable.
I posted earlier (on NZ and Germany, both had elections over the weekend):
- New Zealand election outcome uncertainty — the two key dates to watch
- German election: «German vote could doom Merkel-Macron deal on Europe»
- German and NZ election result updates (EUR and NZD updates too)
- Monday morning 25 September 2017, Forex prices — early indications
- New Zealand — Fonterra maintains its 2017/18 milk price forecast
- German election — Opposition leader Schultz harder line on Brexit
- New Zealand election update
- EUR, NZD both a touch lower after weekend elections
- More on the NZ election: «markets never like uncertainty»
For the NZ … two pertinent points:
NZD volatility surrounding the election outcome could go on for a number of weeks.