ANZ business survey for September
- Business confidence, 0.0 vs. prior 18.3
- Activity Outlook, 29.6 vs. prior 38.2
Confidence drops to a 2 year low.From ANZ’s summary:
- Activity, employment and investment expectations all remain at healthy levels, though peaks have been pared back.
- Some of the paring back may reflect a maturing business expansion, but we’re more inclined to put the move down to political uncertainty.
- «Most survey indicators have been pared back to levels prevailing a few months ago so we’re being careful not to read too much into it»
more to come
Inflation expectations are part of this survey, they rose to 1.98% from 1.88%
—NZD a few points lower in the data—ANZ’s Business Outlook Survey shows the results of a monthly survey including 1,500 businesses nationwide:
- analyses where the economy will be going over the next 12 months.