Macron is making a major speech
Macron is going all-in on European integration in a speech today.
- A group dedicated to the «re-foundation of Europe» to launch in the coming weeks
- Why not gives ourselves the aim to fully integrate French and German markets by 2024 and harmonize respective laws
- Calls for single European military
- Eurozone needs its own budget to finance joint investments and ensure stability against economic shocks
- Wants to re-launch European financial transaction tax plan
- Wants to gradually create European border police
This speech has been continuing for more than an hour. He’s at Sorbonne University in Paris.
He’s basically calling for a full-scale United States of Europe. Let’s hope he calls for the elimination of 50% of bureaucrats and 80% of politicians if that’s the case.