Japanese PM Abe with widely touted announcement 25 Sept
- orders package by year-end
- will make use of revenues from sales tax increase scheduled for Oct 2019
- economy minister Motegi to be in charge of package
- 3 years to 2020 will be period of intense investment
- package to focus on subsidising education, child care costs and encouraging corp investments
- pre-school education will be made free across the board
- need to reach conclusion on funding stimulus package while maintaining fiscal discipline
Eamonn had the early reports/rumours here
Abe is also due to give a presser at 09.00 GMT where he is widely expected to announce a snap election.
USDJPY sliding to 112.10 from 112.25 as the package detail is delivered.
Thirsty work, politics.