Japanese data for September:Overall Household Spending y/y for September, -0.3%. A disappointing miss.
- expected 0.6%, prior was 0.6%
- For the m/m, was +0.4% (beating expected of +0.1%)
Jobless Rate for September, 2.8%
- expected 2.8%, prior was 2.8%
Job-To-Applicant Ratio for September, 1.52
- expected 1.53, prior was 1.52
- Job availability highest in 43 years. Despite this wage growth remains well slow.
Yen is barely moving.———————————
Still to come, due at 2350 GMT — Japan — Industrial production for September (preliminary)
- Industrial Production m/m expected is -1.6%, prior was -2.0%
- Industrial Production y/y expected is 2.0%, prior was 5.3%