Japanese retail sales data for September +0.8% m/m … in line m/m
- expected +0.8% m/m, prior -1.6%
+2.2% y/y … miss for the y/y
- expected +2.3%, prior +1.8%
Very little yen response, which is pretty much par for the course for Japanese data.
—ps — the BOJ policy announcement is tomorrow:
- Preview of the Bank of Japan meeting
- Preview of the … BOJ meeting
—And, another ps. Earlier today Stats NZ revised !2 retail sales for New Zealand, quite a chunk lower:
- Up 1.7% q/q, revised from up 2%
Stats NZD citing an error
In addition to the revision StatsNZ says there will be a delay of a week to the Q3 retail sales data — new date is November 23. Citing the introduction of a new methodology.