Final reading to follow in a week or soSeptember flash is 52.6, prior 52.2
- 4 month high
- Flash Manufacturing Output Index at 53.5 (52.5 in August). Strongest growth for four months
- Export sales expand at faster pace
- Rate of job creation at a ten-month low
Annabel Fiddes, Principal Economist at IHS Markit:
- «Latest data signalled a further improvement in growth momentum across Japan’s manufacturing sector with the PMI rising to a four-month high in September.
- Firms signalled stronger expansions in both output and new orders amid reports of firmer demand both at home and abroad. The strong end to Q3 bodes well for production in the coming months, with business confidence also perking up slightly since August.»