German chancellor Merkel out with a post-election statement 25 Sept
- of course we had hoped for a better result
- will discuss causes for election result in party meeting after 15 Oct
- optimistic that CDU and CSU can find solution on dispute about refugee cap
- all parties have a responsibility to ensure that Germany will have a stable govt
- Europw will be topic in upcoming coalition talks, Conservatives want stronger Europe that yields more jobs
- will not set out red lines on Europe policy now
I’ve posted other articles/thoughts on the German election :
- EURGBP sliding as European desks evaluate German election fallout
- Germany’s FDP say they are prepared for coalition negotiations
- IFO says Germany can not rule out new election
- EURUSD orders 25 Sept — German election result in focus
- ForexLive morning news wrap: German election result casts a shadow over the euro
EURUSD still around session lows at 1.1872 EURGBP finding support around 0.8785 again helping to push GBPUSD down to 1.3470 support/demand area after early 1.3571 highs.
Good opportunities this morning. I have to head away now.See you all back here tomorrow.
Heads up: Draghi speaking at 13.00 GMT Introductory statement by the President at the ECON Hearing at the European Parliament in Brussels.
A 4th term for Merkel but at what price ?