Highlights from the statement
- From Jan, net asset purchases intended to continue at 30 billion pace until September or beyond
- If outlook becomes less favourable, we stand ready to increase purchases
- Domestic price pressures remain muted
- Ample degree of monetary policy stimulus is still necessary
- Economic expansion continues to be solid and broad based
- Latest survey data point to ‘unabated’ expansion in H2
- Construction investment has strengthened
- Notes broad-based global expansion
- Risks remain broadly balanced
- Notes FX (ie strong euro) as a downside risk
- Wage growth has increased somewhat
Watch live here.
The line about monitoring FX volatility was removed from the introductory statement, which is a step back on the anti-euro jawboning.