CFTC Commitments of Traders highlights for the week ending Oct 24, 2017:
- EUR long 84K vs 90K long last week.
- GBP short 1K vs 5K long last week.
- JPY short 116K vs 101K short last week.
- CHF short 12K vs 5K short last week.
- CAD long 72K vs 75K long last week
- AUD long 57k vs 62K last week.
- NZD long 1K vs 7K long last week.
- Last week’s data
The net cable position switched to long for a few weeks but the market has had a quick change of heart (enforced by a spill in GBP) that has sent positioning back to flat.
The NZD position was cleaned out on the political worries.
Finally, that long-CAD position looks very vulnerable. It’s trading where it was in mid-July when the net position was flat, which means the entire +72K net long is underwater.