CFTC commitment of traders highlights for the week ending February 27, 2018
- EUR long 138K vs 126K long last week. Longs increased by 12K.
- GBP long 13K vs 8K long last week. Longs trimmed by 5K.
- JPY short 97K vs 108K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 11K.
- CHF short 16K vs 16K short last week. No change.
- CAD long 22K vs 23K long last week. Longs trimmed by 1K.
- AUD long 10k vs 12k long last week. Longs trimmed by 2K.
- NZD long 1K vs 1K short last week. No change
- Last week’s data
In the current week, the EUR longs had the biggest gain. The net long position increased by 12K to 138K. The all time high is 149K
The shorts in the JPY were trimmed by 11K. The JPY has been getting stronger and stronger. Today the USDJPY traded at the lowest level since November 9, 2016. The shorts finally started to get squeezed.