CFTC commitment of traders highlights for the week ending January 9, 2018
- EUR long 145K vs 128K last week. Longs increased by 17K
- GBP long 26K vs 16 long last week. Longs increased by 10K.
- JPY short 126K vs 122 short last week. Shorts increased by 4K
- CHF short 22K vs 16K short last week. Shorts increased by 6K
- CAD long 17K vs 15K long last week. Longs increased by 2K.
- AUD long 5K vs 20K short last week. Longs increase by 25K
- NZD short 11K vs 17K short last week. Shorts decreased by 6K
- The EUR longs increased by 17K this week. It is a good thing as the EURUSD is trading at the highest level since the end of 2014. The buyers are winning. PS last week, the longs increased by 36K. So the 2-week gain is 53K.
- The JPY shorts increased by 4K to 126K. Traders are not winning on their short JPY position. The USDJPY is trading at the lowest level (highest JPY price) since November and near the lowest level going back to September.
- Short gave up in the AUD. The AUD position switched from short to long a little (5K). Longs increased by 25K in the week. The AUDUSD price is at the highest level since September.