Canadian Feb jobs data now out 9 March
- -88.0k prev
- unemployment rate 5.8% vs 5.9% exp/prev
- full time employment change -39.3k vs 49k prev
- part time employment change 54.7k vs -137k prev
- participation rate 65.5% as prev
Mixed tones to the latest report
Says Stats Cad:
- In February, employment increased for both men and women in the core working age group (25 to 54), while there was little change for youth aged 15 to 24 and for people aged 55 and older.
- Employment increased in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, while it decreased in Saskatchewan. There was little change in the other provinces.
- Employment gains were observed in several industries, led by health care and social assistance. At the same time, employment declined in a number of other industries, including wholesale and retail trade, and manufacturing.
- The number of employees increased in the public sector, while it held steady in the private sector. The number of self-employed workers decreased.
Full report here
- Q4 Capacity Utilization 86.0% vs 85.2% exp vs 85.1% prev revised up from 85.0%
All eyes on US wages (weaker)/NFPs (stronger) and USDCAD down to 1.2821 just near the option level I highlighted before bouncing.