There is only one authority in the UK that regulates online financial trading. It is called the Financial Conduct Authority, or is more commonly referred to as the “FCA”. As with many other EU territories, UK Forex traders can deposit and trade with almost any broker that they will allow them to do so.
UK based traders can register and trade at any broker, however, as the UK is a member of the European Union, trading with an EU licensed and regulated broker will provide much reassurance and security. Should anything go wrong, your funds are strictly secured as per the regulatory requirements.
As always, we recommend that all traders look into the best brokers to trade with before registering. We believe that we can help make this process pain-free, by providing a collection of the best online Forex brokers for you to choose from. All those we’ve reviewed and recommended have a proven track record in providing their customers with the best experience possible.
Top 10 UK Forex Brokers
Recommended UK Forex Brokers for UK Traders
All brokers we’ve reviewed below offer a wide and varied range of currency pairs. They also offer several different trading tools, a large range of cost effective banking options and incredible customer service.
We want to give you as much information as possible within a brief description. You can find a more detailed review of any of these brokers by clicking on their respective brand names.
- BDSwiss Fx – a highly respected and regulated Forex broker, working from offices in Germany. BDSwiss are one of the rare brokers that gets our five star rating. They are incredibly straightforward and upfront about literally everything they offer to their clients and we truly appreciate this. They offer variable and tight spreads and low commissions, ensuring that you get the most bang for your buck too.
- Avatrade – Avatrade is incorporated and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive of the EU (MiFID), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), is registered as a financial services company in the BVI and regulated by the Financial Futures Association of Japan. One of the unique features of Avatrade is that they offer leverage of 400:1, one of the highest in the industry.
- LMFX – A new name that only started offering brokerage services in 2015, but has fast become a reliable and enjoyable place to trade. They operate as an offshore broker, but are highly reliable, and very customer focused. This means LMFX are a pleasure to trade with, and one of our few “Five Star Brokers”.
- XM – are a fantastic broker making some great moves in the world of Forex trading. They are fully regulated in a number of European jurisdictions including CySEC (Cyprus), MiFID (EU-wide), FCA (UK), BaFin (Germany), CNMV (Spain), AFM (Netherlands), FI (Sweden), FIN (Finland), PSZÁF (Hungary), CONSOB (Italy), ACP (France), KNF (Poland), New Zealand and the ASIC (Australia). They welcome traders of all levels from the UK.
- 24option – Established early on as one of the most reliable and trustworthy binary options brokers in the world, 24option more recently (early-2017) established themselves as a Forex and CFD brokerage. They are still regulated by the Cyprus Securities Commission (CySEC) under license number 207/13 and can still accept all traders from the EU. They have a huge support team, secure banking and access to the MT4 platform, so we urge UK based forex traders to give 24option a try.
- Markets.com – Markets.com is regulated in Cyprus by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). It is also licensed and regulated by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive of the EU (MiFID), and has the required license in numerous other territories. These include the FCA for the UK, the BdF in France, CONSOB in Italy, CNMV in Spain, AFM in the Netherlands, BaFin in Germany, FI in Sweden, The Danish FSA, PSZÁF in Hungary, NBS in Slovakia, CNB in the Czech Republic and the FSB in South Africa. This should assure you that Markets.com will be a very safe and secure trading environment. It’s also worth noting that they offer an attractive leverage of 200:1.
- eToro – are very interesting as they offer a “Social Trading” experience. Essentially, traders get to follow & copy the strategies used by other more successful traders. They are fully regulated in several different jurisdictions and their licensing authorities include the NFA (US), CySEC (Cyprus), ASIC (Australia), CFTC (US), MiFID (Europe) and the FCA (UK). A leverage of 400:1 is also offered.
- NetoTrade – offer attractive bonuses, tight Forex spreads, flexible leverages, low rates, an established platform and the offer of straight through processing (STP). They also offer a low deposit amount of just $250, and a personal account manager capable of either guiding new traders, or helping more experienced traders to optimise their trading strategies. If you’re still unsure, why not open a FREE demo account and check out the platform?
- OandA – OandA is in fact licensed in Canada by the IIROC. They have also been granted licenses to operate by the CFTC (US), NFA (US), the FCA (UK), the Monetary Authority of Singapore and also the Dubai Financial Services Authority. They offer a low minimum deposit amount and a leverage of 50:1.