AvaTrade have been at the forefront in the world of Forex since they launched their online trading platform in 2006. The company was a joint effort by eCommerce, security and financial professionals who were determined to provide the perfect online trading experience for retail traders. The broker has grown rapidly since its formation in 2006 and currently have over twenty thousand registered customers. These traders place in excess of two million trades each month and generate a total trading volume that surpass $60 Billion per month.
AvaTrade is headquartered in Dublin, but are a truly international operation. They have offices and sales teams located in Paris, Dublin, Milan, Tokyo, Sydney and New York. They offer 24-hour multilingual support services, multiple platforms and a wide range of trading instruments including Forex, Stocks, Commodities and Indices. AvaTrade continues to evolve, improve and offer its customers a fantastic trading experience.
Unfortunately, US based traders are not be permitted to use the Forex trading platforms at Avatrade. Traders from all other territories are welcomed.
Avatrade is subject to stringent compliance requirements from a number of international regulatory bodies, as you’d expect from a broker that accepts traders from multiple territories.
- Europe: AVA Trade EU Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI). They are also licensed and compliant with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). These cover all operations in Europe.
- Australia: Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd is licensed in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). All Australian traders can trade at AvaTrade without issue.
- Japan: Ava Trade Japan K.K. is licensed and regulated in Japan by the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
- International: Ava Trade Ltd is registered as a financial services company in the British Virgin Islands, and is fully regulated by the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (BVI FSC). This enables them to accept clients from international markets.
Trading Platforms and Features
Avatrade offers a number of online Forex trading platforms such as AvaTrader, MetaTrader 4, MT4 – Spread Betting, MT4 Floating Spreads, AvaOptions, Automated Trading, Mac Trading and Web Trading. They also provide highly capable mobile versions of AvaTrader Mobile and MetaTrader 4 for both IOS and Android devices. Please see below for a brief overview of each.
- AvaTrader: AvaTrader is AvaTrade’s own proprietary trading software that will allow you to trade Forex and CFD’s with a single click. The platform comes complete with a variety of customisable tools and indicators suitable for complex analysis and testing. It also includes EA compatibility and suits automated trading routines. It is suitable for both novice and expert traders alike.
- MetaTrader 4: This platform needs no introductions. MetaTrader 4 or MT4, is the world’s most popular online trading platform. MT4 has a full range of instruments, one-click executions, a full range of stop and limit orders and a wide array of charting and analytical tools. Highly customisable to suit complex needs, yet simple enough even more a novice to get to grips with, MT4 continues to suits traders of all levels.
- MetaTrader 4: Spread Betting: AvaTrade’s “MetaTrader4 – Spread Betting” platform provides the powerful features of MT4 such as automated trading with EAs, signals and advanced charting, with the advantages of Financial Spread Betting. They offer a full range of markets including Forex, Commodities, Indices, Equities, and ETFs, with spreads starting from just 0.9 pips.
- MT4 Floating Spreads: A “Floating Spread” accounts for the gap between the bid and the ask, and is updated in real-time according to the best quotes available and spreads derived directly from the lowest interbank market prices. The AvaTrade “Floating Spreads” platform lets you trade spreads on Forex, Commodities, Stocks and Indices. You are also presented with the advanced charting options and powerful analytical tools from the MT4 platform.
- AVAOptions: This Forex platform combines the power and flexibility of Forex Options trading alongside Forex Spot trading and is the first to easily provide over the counter Vanilla Calls and Puts. The platform allows you to trade over 30 vanilla currency options alongside your spot trades. This incredible platform allows you to create precise trading strategies that really match your trading style.
- Mac Trading: Mac users are catered for via AvaTrade’s java-based “Mac Trading” platform. The web-based platform works behind most firewalls and is constantly monitored to ensure fast execution times. Traders can expect real-time live quotes, charts and news, over sixty currency pairs, commodities, Indices, Stocks, Bonds and more. This platform is available to all traders. Simply register on the AvaTrade website and start trading immediately.
- Web Trading: All customers can take advantage of the AvaTrade online platform. The AvaTrader and MetaTrader 4 web-trading platforms are available 24hrs a day, 5 days a week. They are compatible with multiple browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari, and allow you to trade Forex, Commodities, Indices, Equities, Bonds and ETF’s. In fact over 200 financial products are offered, including sixty currency pairs and over a hundred CFD products.
AvaTrade has one of the most comprehensive multi-lingual support teams around. The supported languages for customer services are Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
They are available on Livechat and telephone 24hrs a day, 5 days a week, (excludes weekends). Email support is available at all times. Simply email their support team and you can expect a reply within 24hrs.
Bonuses and New Customer Promotions
You may claim $125 to $10,000 in bonus funds at AvaTrade. This is dependent entirely on your initial deposit amount. The bonus funds are credited to your account instantly once your identification has been verified. Please make sure that you have the relevant identification documents at hand when registering your account to ensure a quick and effortless registration.
AvaTrade is an international broker that accepts multiple currencies, therefore the minimum deposit amount does vary by territory. Customers trading in $USD can expect a low minimum deposit of $100 and a maximum leverage of 400:1. Please contact the AvaTrade Livechat support team for more information on your preferred currency/account type.
Avatrade excels when it comes to offering their clients with deposit methods. Traders may fund their account quickly and easily with a Credit or Debit card. You may also use an impressive selection of compatible online payments solutions including WebMoney, Skrill, Neteller and of course the hugely popular Paypal. Traders that wish to make larger deposits may do so with the option to use Bank Wire Transfers.
Once your account is fully verified, you will benefit from the AvaTrade Bonuses and withdrawals. AvaTrade’s withdrawal process is not automated. Traders will need to fill in an online Withdrawal Form and then submit this to customer services via email or the “Upload Documents” feature found on the “My Accounts” page.
The request will be processed within 48 hours and you will receive an email stating the details of the withdrawal. You will then be credited with your withdrawal amount within five days. Don’t let this manual withdrawal process put you off. The Withdrawal process takes no longer than five to seven days at most and is the industry standard for most brokers transferring money back to traders.
Why Trade Forex at Avatrade?
Have a look at the extensive trading information on the AvaTrade website. Once you truly understand the flexibility and options on offer at this well-established broker, we recommend that traders devote some time to exploring the resources and information on offer at AvaTrade. Have a look at the Education area. AvaTrade offer extensive video tutorials, eBooks, webinars and many articles dedicated to helping make AvaTrade customers the best traders they can be. Traders of all levels will find everything you need to ensure a successful trading career.
Avatrade offer Demo and Real money trading accounts. The Demo accounts are free to open and preview. We encourage traders that need more convincing to sign up and check out the trading experience for themselves. Having been awarded nine industry awards since 2009, Avatrade can be relied on to surpass your expectations from a Forex broker.
Our review teams have extensively researched this broker. We have no hesitation in recommending Avatrade as they have met and exceeded our criteria for being an “Approved TradersAsset Forex broker”. They provide an excellent user experience, a wide range of assets and tools, numerous platforms, extensive banking options all backed up by a highly capable and multi-lingual support team.
TOP OF PAGE